We write about products and services that we use. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
We’re all looking for ways to make ends meet these days. Making additional income online is one of the best ways to do so, in my opinion.
I’ve been able to make money online from home for several years now!
I’m here to tell you… there are a ton of online job scams out there that will simply drain your wallet — if you don’t know what you’re doing.
One of the main things to remember when it comes to making money online is that money flows to you, not away from you. So if the online job opportunity is asking you to spend money before being able to make money, there’s a 99.9% chance it’s a scam!
I’m going to share with you 20 ways to make money online from home that are definitely not scams. In fact, these are fun online jobs!
Legit Ways To Earn Money Online
Here are 20 scam-free ways to make money online from home:
- Sell your digital photos to stock photo websites.
- Amazon Mechanical Turk allows you to make money doing simple tasks. You won’t make much more than a few dollars an hour, but it is a great way to save up enough to buy a book or movie you want.
- Sell your junk on eBay, and keep an eye out for good deals at garage sales and online sales forums for even more items to sell.
- Work as a freelancer providing content for whoever needs it — blogs, companies, job-seekers needing resumes, etc.
- Transcribe audio files for companies and individuals.
- Help individuals and companies by being a virtual assistant to them from afar.
- Write articles for online networks, magazines, and other publications.
- Create your own videos and promote affiliate products that you like.
- Write your own e-book that helps people solve a specific problem (that you happen to know something about).
- Buy a domain name and build a small website or blog in your favorite niche. Add some Google AdSense and you’re set to go — just add new content every so often.
- Help local businesses optimize their websites.
- If you’re familiar with Wordpress, charge to install plug-ins and update WordPress blogs.
- Learn all you can about different software applications and then become the person that others go to for help with that application. You can charge by the hour in this case.
- Conduct your own interviews and then sell the interviews to blogs, magazines, niche audiences.
- Become a web geek and offer to help people install online shopping carts and other applications for their websites.
- Try your hand at creating logos and designs and then enter contests. Remember though, competition is stiff and you only get paid if you win.
- Design and create Twitter backgrounds and Facebook pages for companies.
- Submit others’ websites and blog posts to social media websites.
- Edit audio files for individuals and companies.
- If you like graphic design or photography, sell your work through Print On Demand sites.
How To Avoid Online Job Scams
There’s no doubt about it — one of the quickest, easiest, and most popular ways to make ends meet is to find an online job!
Your online income can be used to:
- Supplement your current job
- Save for something big that you’d like to buy
- Test the waters as an entrepreneur
Unfortunately, there are just as many online job scams as there are online jobs.
Here are a few things you can do to tell the legitimate online jobs apart from the scams:
- Use Google – Do some research on Google using not just the company name, but the name of the founder, and the program as well. If something seems fishy, then it’s probably a scam.
- Look for patterns – If you notice lots of negative comments online regarding the company, the owner, or the program — this could mean the online job is a scam.
- Use the BBB – Enter the online jobs you’re considering in the Better Business Bureau’s Scam Tracker before you accept any offers. If the company is established and reputable, you will likely find them rated positively on the BBB site and not listed as a scam.
What’s Your Next Step?
Before you get your resume in order and start sending out applications, I would encourage you to read another article we wrote about How To Find A Job Online.
There you’ll find even more ideas on how to find legitimate online income opportunities and worry-free ways to make money online from home!
My favorite things to write about are topics that have to do with pregnancy, weddings, saving money, living green, and life with dogs. When I’m not writing, I love to spend time with my husband, read, create 3D artwork and Native American beadwork.